We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. From time to time we may change this policy by updating this page. You should regularly check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes the information you provided at the time of registering with our site, subscribing to our services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- The nature of your interest in Heligan Partners so that we can send you details about us which we think may interest you.
- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Information about the way you use our site. We only collect this information in an anonymous form, which means that it cannot be used to identify you. Please refer to the section entitled ‘cookies’ for further information.
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to those involved in our organisation. This information is collected in an aggregated, statistical form and cannot be used to identify you.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies that are used by this website are necessary in order for us to improve our website for all users. Cookies are not shared with any third parties.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, remember your choices in forms, polls and site preferences, where available.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website (and the advertising displayed on it) more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Please note: We don’t directly store any targeting or tracking cookies of our own. However, we do use 3rd party services which may store these types of cookies.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|_ga||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish visitors.
See: Google Analytics Documentation
|_gid||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish visitors.
See: Google Analytics Documentation
|__cfduid||Used by Cloudflare to override security restrictions for authorised visitors from shared locations, e.g. internet cafés. See: What does the Cloudflare cookie do?|
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access some parts or all of our site.
How is my data collected?
When someone visits our website we collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website using the data in the logs. We will not associate any log data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
Our website allows visitors to send enquiries via a form and we collect email addresses from this form. We require this information to improve our services and be able to respond to visitor enquiries. We may periodically send promotional emails about the business that we think you may find useful using the email address which you have provided, we will only do this if you opt-in to receive emails from us. If you change your mind you will have the opportunity to opt out of this at any time by contacting us and asking for your details to be removed or unsubscribing directly from the email. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Cornwall Buildings, 45-51 Newhall St, Birmingham B3 3QR.
What are you doing with my data?
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to monitor and report on our website usage such as the number of visitors to the site, search phrases used to find us, pages visited on the site and time spent on the site. The statistics gathered are a necessary requirement in order for us to provide and improve our services and to stay competitive. The cookies do not identify users nor associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
How do you keep my data safe?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long do you keep my data for?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as you have given us permission to retain your data. If you contact us to request we delete your data or opt-out on our website you will no longer receive anything from us, your personal information is deleted immediately, and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes, such as Google Analytics.
The only time your details will be stored on file with us is if you have provided us with permission to retain those details.
Who do you share my information with?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Cornwall Buildings, 45-51 Newhall St, Birmingham B3 3QR. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
When will I be contacted by you?
We will only contact you via the details you have provided if you have opted in to receive emails from us. If you do not wish to be contacted by us, as long as you have not opted in to be contacted we will not send you anything. We will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have agreed to this. If you are interested in updates and news from us please fill in our opt-in form that can be found on our contact page.
Can I remove my data?
If you no longer want to be contacted by us in any way you can contact us directly with your details and we will remove you from our database. Please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Cornwall Buildings, 45-51 Newhall St, Birmingham B3 3QR.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had viewed it on the other website.
Please be aware
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, as such sites are not governed by this Privacy Statement. You should exercise caution and look at the Privacy Statement applicable to the website in question.